The Opening Verse: 1 Peter 2:13-17
Living Godly Lives in a Pagan Society
11 Dear friends, I urge you, as foreigners and exiles, to abstain from sinful desires, which wage war against your soul. 12 Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us.
13 Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every human authority: whether to the emperor, as the supreme authority, 14 or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right. 15 For it is God’s will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish people. 16 Live as free people, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as God’s slaves. 17 Show proper respect to everyone, love the family of believers, fear God, honor the emperor.
Sarah Parshall Perry is a Legal Fellow for the Edwin Meese III Center for Legal and Judicial Studies at The Heritage Foundation. Her work centers on civil rights and the proper role of the courts. Sarah shares her article: Texas Heartbeat Law Is Now in Effect. Here’s What You Need to Know.
Ethan Forhetz – VP of Public Engagement for Convoy of Hope. Ethan Forhetz is on the ground in Louisiana with disaster relief org Convoy of Hope after Hurricane Ida ripped through the State.
Convoy of Hope is a faith-based organization with a mission feed the world. An early responder to natural disasters, Convoy of Hope is a Charity Navigator Four Star Charity since 2002 serving more than 160 million people.
Dr. Mary Grabar author of the upcoming book “Debunking the 1619 Project” release date: September 7th. Her book where she pushes back against The 1619 Project, where our children are taught to be ashamed of this nation during their school day, and instead glorify the unapologetic celebration of the 1619 riots. Dr. Grabar brings clarity and researched knowledge back to our understanding of America’s beginnings.
- Taliban spokesperson warns US not to interfere with their culture, treatment of women
- Biden changes position, now says life doesn’t begin at conception.
- NFL Allows Social Justice Helmet Decals, End Zone Stencils Again This Year
- Dating Apps Bumble, Match Pledge to Help Women Get Abortions in Response to Texas Pro-Life Law
- San Francisco will pay people to not shoot others: ‘Cash for criminals’
- JOBS, JOBS: Joe Biden Struggles to Defend Historic Jobs Report Failure, Promotes More Taxes as Solution
- Biden’s Economy: The Black-White Unemployment Gap Soared in August