By PopZette Staff | December 10, 2019

Fox News’ Pete Hegseth was booted off Twitter over the weekend.

The social media platform closed down his account after the “Fox & Friends” weekend host shared a portion of  the Pensacola, Florida, attacker’s manifesto, including a section that noted radical Islam was a motive for the acts of violence and destruction.

Last week, Mohammed Saeed Alshamrani, a Saudi aviation student, killed three people at Naval Air Station Pensacola, 20 miles east of the Alabama state line, as Fox News and many other outlets reported.

Related: Naval Ensign ‘Died a Hero,’ Annapolis Is Mourning Its Tremendous Loss

But Twitter defended the Hegweth suspension, saying it was for “violating company rules” against “threatening or promoting terrorism.”

Hegseth said he does not understand his suspension from the platform.

When do you think the country should re-open and get back to work?

By completing the poll, you agree to receive emails from StacyOnTheRight.com and that you've read and agree to our privacy policy and legal statement.

“I simply posted the words of the terrorist who killed three Americans in a terrorist attack,” he told Fox News’ Tucker Carlson on Monday night on “Tucker Carlson Tonight.”

“Yet I’m violating the Twitter policy on terrorism and therefore I am banned?”

“Listen, if we live in a country where we can’t know the people who attack us and why they did it, why are we here? Why do we have a First Amendment?”

“And I’m hosting a news program — posting this information.”

“Listen, I don’t play the veteran card, Tucker. I really don’t,” Hegseth added. “But I served in Iraq and Afghanistan. I’ve guarded these guys at Guantanamo Bay. I know what they want to do to us. And if we can’t share that with the American people — their true motivations, their hatred for America, their hatred for Israel, Guantanamo Bay’s a gulag — then we’re gonna get the false narrative of the PC folks in Silicon Valley every single day of the week.”

“If they’ll ban me, they’ll ban everybody.”

“So what is the status as of right now?” asked Carlson.

“They’ve told me that if I delete the tweet, then I can go back on the platform. But if I don’t, then I’m gone. Of course I’m not gonna delete the tweet,” said Hegseth. “The tweet was simply sharing the manifesto and exposing the motives of this terrorist.”

“But if I don’t do that, then I don’t get to tweet anymore,” he added. “It’s not the people who have a [public] profile [like me], it’s the thousands, the tens of thousands, the hundreds of thousands of Americans who share stuff about radical Islam, which is taboo, who are blocked every single day.”

“I mean, Silicon Valley is in bed with defending, under the guise of defending against Islamophobia, anyone who exposes the things that radical Islam is doing — that’s what I ran up against here,” Hegseth said.

“Yet there’s literally no limit to the things that you can say about Christians or Christianity, and remain on the platform,” Carlson point out.

“The double standard is there,” agreed Hegseth.

See these tweets — and share your thoughts.

 

This piece originally appeared in LifeZette and is used by permission.

Read more at LifeZette:
Woman Who Claimed Brett Kavanaugh Raped Her Now Admits She Never Met Him
Woman Who Made Up Rape Charges Against Kavanaugh ‘Should Be Held Legally Accountable’
Hillary Must Answer Key Email Questions, Federal Judge Orders

The opinions expressed by contributors and/or content partners are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Stacy Washington.